DIY - MOON BOARD
A 1cm-thick cork roll (available in all hardware stores)
My pattern sheet card to be downloaded and printed from the link urlr.me
A black felt-tip pen, a white felt-tip pen and some colored felt-tip pens
A box cutter
Shrink plastic (available in all hobby stores)
Here are steps of my DIY:
1. Use a box cutter to cut a cork rectangle of 60cm x 25cm, a 55cm-high moon, and two stars the size of which you may choose. You may leave the cork as is, or paint some designs on it.
2. Download and print my pattern sheet card and trace them on a shrink plastic sheet with a black felt-tip pen. You may keep them transparent or color them or have your kids color them.
3. Cut the patterns in the shrink plastic, put them on an oven tray and "cook" them at 150 degrees. If plastic shrinks and twists, no panic, it’s normal! Once plastic came back flat, take plastic pieces off the oven and let them cool down.
4. Use strong glue to stick each plastic piece on a pin and you’ll get nice customized pins!
5. You may also create a calendar to be hung, by cutting some small labels in colored sheets and writing months and days on them.
6. Nail the board to your kid’s room wall, and that’s it!
There you have it! Kids now have their own place to let their creativity run free. A @pierrotgourmand lollipop in one hand, a colored felt-tip pen in the other, and let your ideas flow!